Friday, May 7, 2010

China


Well it has been 3 months since we were in China. Wow. I miss it. Everything about China, to me, is just amazing. I don't have the words to describe the feelings I felt when we got off the plane in Beijing, or when we went to eat at the restaurants we had been to 2 years before, or seeing Andrew for the first time, the sights all over, Great Wall, Forbidden City, everything. Words just can't describe the feeling. It was the greatest in the world. The kind that I wanted to never, never, go away. Some of my greatest moments in China were:
z
-Walking Wang Fu Jing street with my Mom, Kathleen, Taylor, and Madison looking in shops. Searching things. Looking at the beautiful buildings. just taking every detail in. the AMAZING church on the main area of Wang Fu Jing. Everything about those moments was perfect.

-The smells. China has a smell. Not bad, actually I love it. I don't know how to explain it but I can smell something we bought there and know it came from China. I will go into my room and smell the things we bought while there and it is so comforting. I do not know why, maybe I am just a freak, but it is.
-People. one word. AMAZING. they are so beautiful, kind, wonderful, friendly, and their language. Oh how I adore it. It is the most magical thing ever. I love it.
-Food. Yeah well the food is just another part of China that makes China. I do not prefer the food but it just makes China

-Guangzhou shopping. the people there are so kind.
-One of my favorite memories from Guangzhou is walking to Lucy's with my family. Getting grilled cheese sandwiches and walking to this amazing river thing and eating. As we sat there groups of people played games, photo shoots took place, brides (or models) were seen. and it was just beautiful.
Everything about China, to me, is like home. I love it. Cherish it and it is just part of who I am. China always will be. My beautiful brother and sister were born there. It is there heritage and I am so blessed to be a part.
So even though this post is all over the place now we all kind of see where I am about my favorite place in the world (:

4 comments:

Ryan Caudill said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I feel that same way! I have such fond China memories. Best two and a half weeks of my life, no doubt. I have such a longing to go back.

Holly said...

whoops sorry! That previous comment was from Holly, not Ryan! I thought I was logged into my account!

Kristi said...

I understand. Totally...

Jodi said...

I know you, and this sums you and your passion for China up in just a few sentences. You have such a good heart! I loved the food part - glad you all found some form of eatable food while you were there . . . even if it was just white rice.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?