Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just to Keep You All Thinking......

This will seem random but I promise by the end of this it will make some sense. lol
I love Carrie Underwood.
Love Love Love her!
She is who I want to be when I grow up...
(Childish dreams ROCK)in my opinion
Anyways, On her newest CD, Play On...Which if you are a fan is amazing.
There is a song.
Temporary Home.
It is probably my very favorite song by her (with the exception of her
cheesy cheating-boyfriend songs,) Cowboy Casanova and Undo It.
(Yeah, Yeah I like those, I know totally weird)
The lyrics that struck me were....
"Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad,another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
So sweet right?
But in truth, there is a message to this, This Earth, our life, everything we have. Is all Temporary. Nothing is going to come with us when we die. We will leave everything here.
In my opinion, not many fully and completely understand that. If they did why would they go and work, work, work, work, to never enjoy any of it? Once they die it is all just going to be a DROP of rain in a storm, It isn't going to matter. But what is going to matter is how you lived while here on this Earth. No, not how much money you had, the clothes you wore, or the car you drove. NONE of that will matter. But what will is how you treated others, if you shared Jesus and told the world about his amazing-awe-inspiring love. If you helped those in need. That will matter. So are you living like this is Temporary? Or are you making it permanent?
After all,
this world is simply
Our Temporary Home

6 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Very insightful, Ashton! Sometimes I am amazed at your maturity and can't believe you aren't older than you are! You have done your parents proud, girl!! :)

That really is a profound message and you are SO right...THIS world is only TEMPORARY!

God bless! <><
~ Tanya

Staci said...

WOW!!! Great job on that, Ashton!! That is so true and I love the way you put it! Thanks for posting that- it's such a good reminder! We all get super caught up in everything that seems so important at the time, but in the long run, a lot of that stuff won't even matter.

Windy said...

Such a great post! You should link this on FB.

Mykel said...

Such a sweet girl, Ashton. We love you.

Ally said...

I actuallly heard this for the first time last week and feel completely in love. So SO true!!!

AWESOME post!!

=]

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Ashton....what a life learning post this is for everyone. I agree with Tanya...I am often amazed at your maturity. Your Father in Heaven is so proud of you sweet girl.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?