Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Snapshot : 15 years ago

15 years ago tomorrow, God changed my entire life when He allowed me to become a Mommy to the most precious little girl ever born.
I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a blessing. God chose me to be the Mother of my precious Daughter. When she was little we were best friends, spent our days shopping, making pottery, playing babies, and soaking in all the time we had together. This precious daughter of mine has a sweet heart and has always wanted to help others. I am so proud to call her mine.
One of the happiest moments of her life was when we brought Anna Grace home. For the 3 years after she came home she prayed that we would go back to China. She is the reason we have Andrew. Her heart for Orphans, China, and Africa amazes me on a daily basis and I cannot wait to see how God uses her in the Future. Her heart has been broken for the Orphan. I  know He has GREAT plans for my special girl!
Just as the song says
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly

Happy 15th Birthday Ashton, I love you so!
Mom

{My girl loves comments, can you do me a favor and wish her a Happy Birthday for me?}



Ni Hao Y'all




16 comments:

Emily said...

happy birthday ashton!!!!!! i hope you have the best day ever :)

love you!
emily

Patti said...

very sweet post! Happy Birthday Miss Ashton!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! You are a blessing to me everyday. I love you! Nana

Tanya said...

That is one of the sweetest posts I have every read! Happy Birthday (again) Ashton! :)

Tanya

Kristi said...

Happy, happy birthday Ashton! You are mature beyond your years. I look forward to seeing how God will use you and many other older siblings of adopted children to change the plight of the orphans around the world!

Cayle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY [=
Ashton Have the best birthday everrrr.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Ashton!!!! I love how your mom posted on here! It's so amazing that God used you to make the adoptions happen for your family! Can't wait to see where God leads you next! Have a great day tomorrow!

Mema said...

Happy Birthday Ashton. What a blessing you are to all of us. God has big plans for you and I look forward to see how He works through you.
Love you so much
Mema

Staci said...

Happy happy birthday ashton!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

sniff, sniff. So much love - you have the Fingerprints of God all over you dear, sweet Ashton! We love you -

Your California Family!

Melanie said...

Oh I love this!! =)
Happy Birthday Aston!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Ashton! We are so thankful that the Lord had Anna Grace and Lindsey in the same orphanage so we could meet....and become forever friends! We love you and the whole Rice gang!!

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to one special girl!! You are an amazing person. You may not see that but you are and I believe you are destined to do many great things in your life. You just keep that can do attitude and can do anything! Hope your birthday will be as special as you are! Love ya, Kellie

Michelle said...

Ashton, Happy Birthday!!!My Daughter Kayla birthday is today also she is turning Sixteen. I hope you have a great day...

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a beautiful post to a wonderful girl! Happy Birthday Ashton:)

Stefanie said...

Awww, happy birthday!! Sorry, I'm a few days late, hope you had an AWESOME day :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?