Friday, July 16, 2010

What A Blog.


Today marks 3 years of ashtonsmeimei.blogspot.com. wow.
Tonight as I go through the posts on this blog from the last 3 years it amazes me. I started this blog when I was 11. Now I am 14 (almost 15). I was not yet in Middle school when this blog started but most thought I was much older, some even assumed I was the Mom! I became quite popular (not so much anymore..but ;)) and pretty well known. I have met life long friends through this blog, and have learned so much. We have adopted again. I have grown up a lot. I have advanced through middle school and soon I will be in High School. What a crazy thought? Am I ready? No, I don't think I am. Anna Grace has transformed from the little bitty baby just home from China. To the fun, talkative, 3 almost 4 year old who just celebrated 3 years with her family. Wow. Then a precious little boy gracefully appears into our life. He has now been home 6 months. How life has changed. The best part? I have it ALL down. Everything through the last 3 years that has happened, I have written about. Almost daily when I started the blog. Now not daily but I do update quite a lot. (:
I want to get back to the posts where everyone gets a full update (not just a here and there snippet) I want to get back to knowing people actually read my blog...Because it isn't just plain boring! I just want to make this blog into what everyone used to know it as Ashton's Mei Mei. No I won't change the name. Just the way I do things. From now on I plan to do it the way I want. To journal everything that happens so 3 years from now I can look back and realize what I have done and admire it ;) Like I am doing tonight...
Thanks to everyone for 3 years of Ashtons Mei Mei!

4 comments:

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

I'm commenting on your blog because I LOVE you and always do what you say (: I also think that AG is the cutest little girl....ever

Austyn said...

Hi... I found your blog recently but didn't save it... I ran across it again through Emily's blog.. I am about your age... Im almost 15 but going into 10th grade! :) Your blog is great! I love it! Anna Grace and Andrew are just too cute! I am looking foward to reading your blog! :) If you want, check my blog out! :)
www.austynloveslife.blogspot.com

Football and Fried Rice said...

Can't even believe you started blogging that long ago! Isn't it wonderful to go back and read the "place" you were at? How much you've grown? In what ways God has shaped you & used you for His Kingdom?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family picture marking 6 months home with Andrew - what a sweet family you have - just beautiful....

TanyaLea said...

That's a beautiful photo of the 'sisters' Ashton! And congrats on 3 years of blogging!! I know you have grown in maturity and spirituality over that time, and I look forward to what God has in store for your future. You are a great leader and example for today's generation! <><

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?