Friday, August 1, 2008

"She can see clearly now with her glasses on......."

This pix is my favorite! But makes me sad-- :o)
Little Miss Princess now has glasses! She looks like a baby doll I think! Here is how our day went:

Princess got up at about 8 and my Mom got up at about 8:30- (I got up at 7:15) My Mom made waffles as I talked about in the previous post- At about 9a.m. they called us and said her glasses were in and ready- At first I was excited but then I got sad thinking about her wearing glasses- We left the house at about 10:30 (remember we had 3 little kids ( Adam is not really little but you get my point :]) to dress and bathe so we were doing good :] ) We got to the eye doctor at about 11 and were put on the waiting list at about 11:30 they came with her glasses- Since she is SO little they had to put hoops on the back of her glasses so they would stay on-( She screamed and cried when they first put them on and once we lft the office she was fine!)
Her glasses
That in its self took a good 20-25 minutes- They put her glasses on and she just started looking around and it was like she saw a whole new world- We then realized they had to fix the bridge of her glasses b/c she has nothing to hold them up :] That took another 15 minutes to get that fixed while he was doing that Princess was screaming her head off b/c she HATES doctors/doctors offices- They put her glasses on and she quickly told My Mom, Nana, and myself that it was time to leave! She said "Hum awn Mama" "Hum awn Sissy" Hum AWN Nana" lol Mema was in the car with Adam and Hayne- After the eye doctor we went to Chuck E. Cheese (Princess' favorite place to go :] )we stayed at CEC with Nana and Mema for a little over 2 hours! Afterwards we went to get our brave little Princess a toy from "Toys R Us" She got an Elmo doctors kit which she loves! We went to Nana's after all o that and let her take a nap- Now we are home and she is in my lap listening to Sesame Street on YOUTUBE!

Here are the pictures from her BIG Day! I also added a video of her getting the glasses!! Hope you enjoy!! :o)
On the ride to the eye doctor
My siblings!


Waiting to get her glasses




Here is the video of her getting her glasses!!! :o)

At CEC

Hayne being silly!

I got a video of her talking to me tonight and will post that later!!
ENJOY! Continue to pray for Princess as she adjust to her glasses and Pray she won't rip them off her head! :o) Have a great weekend

Hugs
Ashton and Princess

**PS Pray for My family and I as we sorta kinda have a sick house right now and let me just tell you it is NOT fun- Please Pray we are all feeling better soon!! Tomorrow would be lovely- Today would be awesome**


Thanks for your prayers!
Ashton

**UPDATE**
We are all
{knock on wood} feeling a lot better today!! Thank you again for all your prayers**

30 comments:

Lexie said...

Aw, she looks adorable Ashton!! I LOVE the new look! Can't wait to see more of that cutness...

Ahnna said...

AWW..shes soo cute! She looks adorable in her glasses!!! Addie has the same car seat!!! Cant wait to see more pics!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think she would handle this so well but she is a real trooper. I think she is seeing a whole new world. I am so glad that I was able to be with all of you when she got her glasses.I loved it last night when she said Sissy look at my glasses then take pictures please Sissy.She is one smart Cookie. Love, Nana

Unknown said...

I saw you left a comment on my cousin Sherri's blog and wanted to see more about who you are. So I clicked on your blog. Wow!!!! I thought you were the mama. And I find out you are a 7th grader ??? You have a captivating way of writing young lady. I love your pictures & the music that plays while viewing your blog. You sure could teach more more than a couple things about blogging.

How do you do the music on your blog??

Great work on your posting.

Unknown said...

By the way your little sister looks really cute in her new glasses. And I loved the video, It reminds me of my little 2 year old.

Joanne said...

What a gorgeous princess you have there! I cannot get over how much she looks like our Mia!!
So glad she is liking her new glasses - she looks great!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Princess looks darling in her glasses!! I love the pink!!

Shawnstribe said...

awwww,so so precious!!!!
xxx
s

Anonymous said...

She looks sooo cute!!!!!!

Mama Darling said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have really enjoyed reading back through your posts. Your little sister is precious and really blessed to have an older sister who loves her so dearly. Your blog looks great! My oldest daughter will be teaching 7th grade this year. It would be wonderful if she has some students as talented as you!

Holly said...

Awww she looks to cute in her glasses!!!

AmyO said...

Adorable glasses - you can see her expression change when she realizes she can see better. So cute!

Gracie said...

she is wayyy tooo cutee!!! Love the new glassessss

laurel said...

What a big day. I think she looks darling in them!

Jodi said...

Hey Ashton! Anna's princess glasses are so pretty and she is beautiful with them on! Cool video you added~! You gotta show me how to do that! Thanks for all of your help with blogging! You are so smart with this stuff and I am quite proud of you! Love you! Jodi

Amy Clemons said...

She is such a cutie. Hope she is adjusting well to wearing them. Do you have a secret spot for the glasses yet? Some friends with kids often designate a secret spot for their kids to put their glasses while they aren't wearing them. This makes looking for them a very simple task. :o)

Steffie B. said...

she looks darling...and I love the middle picture in your header! ;)

Lauren and Ed said...

She looks amazingly beautiful with her new glasses! I love them!

Courtney said...

Aw......cute. She looks REALLY cute.

Anonymous said...

She is too cute!!! Love her choice in specks also.

Hope your family gets to feeling better. It is miserable to have a sick home!

Abigail <3 said...

AWWWWWWWWW she is ADORABLE with her glasses!! I see ahnna told i addie has the same car seat! lol we met a family that has a little girl from china acouple days ago and they have the same one too! lol :)

Joannah said...

Ashton, thank you for visiting my blog today. I've read the front page of your blog, and your Princess is just darling - so are you! You write so well for one so young. Keep up the good stuff!

:-)

Gracie said...

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. However, i have created a new one so please leave comments on teh new one instead of the old one!! Thanks so much :]

mommy24treasures said...

I loe her smiling with her glasses

April said...

She looks precious in her glasses, I love them!!! Praying for your family and you all feel better soon, thanks for your prayers for us!!1

day by day said...

I think she looks soooo sweet in her new glasses!!

Stacie said...

Ashton,

Thanks for stopping by our blog! Your little sister is such an adorable little princess! What a great blog and wonderful gift you are giving your family!!!!

Hope you all are feeling better!

Stacie and Zoey

Patty said...

Sorry to hear everyone is feeling bad..hope you are doing better soon!

Marla said...

She looks so cute in her glasses. I just love your blog, you do an awesome job, keep up the good work.

Denna said...

She looks beautiful in her glasses. My daughter started wearing glasses when she was two. We was really worried about her keeping them on, but she did great. She could see so much better that she wanted her glasses on. She is 10 now and I would like her to get contacts one day, but she says no way.:(

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?