Friday, February 22, 2008

Gettys Idol!!

Well as I have talked about in previous post I have been preparing for the last couple of weeks for Gettys Idol- (a competition like American Idol but smaller as in our Middle School) Last Night I competed in the Semi-Final- I have to say that is one of the most nerve racking things I have EVER done- I was #10- And the competition was STIFF!!! I sang "Our Song" By Taylor Swift and I did according to my Mom in her post on her blog "She looked so pretty and sounded wonderful."
I was SO nervous and could not wait to get it over at the moment!! l
ol- There were 19 competitors and 10 would make it to the final round- they would announce the 10 this morning- Well let me tell you sitting there waiting was torture!!! I could not wait to find out!! I was so excited when they announced my name!! It had to have been very hard to decide who to chose to make it through!! - thank you for all your prayers- I was so upset when some people didn't make it- i posted some pictures of the Semi-Finals last night-- I got a comment that i didn't post a picture of my Nana w/ me so here it is!!! And a few extra! Have a GREAT weekendMy Nana and IJaney (a contestant) and IBj my AWESOME Aunt and IKamdenMy Mom and IJodi and I my great singing coach andMy Moms Best Friend!

10 comments:

Lexie said...

Ohhh!! How exciting!! Way to go girl!!!!!!! You ROCK!! You should record your song (you singing :0)) and put it on your blog!! Haha!!!

You did look FABULOUS! and you have WAY more guts than i do. I could never stand up in front of all those people! YEEKS!!

"...Our song is a slamming screen door, sneekin out late, tappin on his window, when we're on the fone and he talks REAL slow...cause its late and his momma don't know..." GOOD SONG! And you can make fun of me if i got some of the words wronge...cause i know i did! hah! i am SO bad at words to a song!!

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

Joy said...

Hi There!!

Just wanted to say Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!! What an accomplishment! Love the new looks on the blog... You have AMAZING talent!

Good Luck in the next rounds!!

Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

well congratulations! Singing is an amazing talent!

have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

ASHTON: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. WHERE IS A PICTURE OF NANA? I LOVE YOU NANA

Holly said...

Wow Great job! That is wonderful! And so glad you were feeling well for it too! CONGRATS!!!!

Gracie said...

OMG! Congrats! That i soooooo awesome....I am sure it was very scary! Great job you should be really proud of yourself!

Lauren and Ed said...

Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself. You are a brave girl, and obviously talented too1

Kara Elizabeth said...

Hey ashton congratulations you made it to hollywood! lol!You looked fabulous!!!! I wish i could have been there to cheer you on :)
Kara

Anonymous said...

You were so good last Thursday! Made me cry. Happy cry, of course. Love the pic of us. (geez, i got a lot of teeth.) I love you!!!! Can't wait till this Thursday :0D

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is BJ...Duh :-p

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?